Merriam-Webster Online Dictionarydactyl (noun)
a metrical foot consisting of one long and two short syllables or of one stressed and two unstressed syllables (as in ) - tenderly
|Look up dactyl in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Dactyl may refer to:
- Dactyl (mythology), a legendary being
- Dactyl (poetry), a metrical unit of verse
- Dactyl Foundation, an arts organization
- Finger, a part of the hand
- Dactylus, part of a decapod crustacean
- A moon of asteroid 243 Ida
- "-dactyl", a suffix used in taxonomy
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Dactyl.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.